Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Snowy October Sunday

I feel a bit guilty sitting here in the warmth of our home. It was just the boys and I at home, our Firefighter was at work without heat & power all day. I guess they had some power, so they were able to watch TV (like they had time to...) but were without heat still last I heard @ 9PM.

The boys and I spent a PJ day baking, cleaning, and playing together.

I've finally found an egg replacer that not only makes thing rise but has 0 effect on taste of the baked good. Which means Declan gets to eat treats for the first time in a loooong time. We started with (egg free) Oatmeal Raisin Bars and ended with (egg free) Banana Bread. Yum!
IMG_3646

Oatmeal Raisin bar recipe was from the lid of the Quaker Oatmeal Oats container.

Banana Bread recipe was from my beloved Marjorie Standish Cookbook. You can see the cookbook in the photo, it's yellow (And it's actually my late Aunt Gloria's copy. I keep mine tucked away and use hers in the kitchen. Hoping it brings me good luck.)
http://www.amazon.com/Cooking-Down-East-Marjorie-Standish/dp/0892723718/ref=pd_sim_b_3

Ener-G Egg Replacer (Vegan!!)
http://www.amazon.com/Ener-G-Egg-Replacer-oz-Box/dp/B000QSS2C4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320029324&sr=8-1

Garrett trapped himself in the stools and said "Take a picture of ME!"
IMG_3648

It was fun to have a "Winter" Sunday but I'm glad the forecast has 50's in it. We are so not ready to put away the sweaters and drag out the boots just yet.

Thanks Dad for the paper and hot coffee.

No comments: